Tuesday, May 19, 2015

5 Things You Should Know About Dogs

Have I mentioned I'm working with Petcha.com to give you even more monthly educational pet videos?! Well, I am and I'm super excited to be writing on this week's episode,

5 Things You Should Know About Dogs





These tips will help give your dog a happier healthy life! I took a lot of time trying to think of the five most important things I would want to tell dog owners in under two minutes! Here is what I came up with,

1. Brushing your dog's teeth is an important part of pet care.

By brushing your dog's teeth daily you're reducing the risk of many different health diseases. When your dog has bacteria and plaque residing in their mouth they are exposing those things to their internal organs as well! Always brush your dog's teeth with dog toothpaste and never use human toothpaste.

2. Chewing is a natural behavior



Dogs are very intelligent creatures and it's important we give them a job to do. One of those 'jobs' is to chew! Dogs love to chew! There are many different types of chews that do not always have to include chews and bones. There are many non-rawhide alternatives if your dog's GI system is sensitive to rawhides.



3. It's important to get your dog used to being handled.




Make sure that your dog is used to being handled everywhere and anywhere on their entire body. If one day your dog is injured it may save their life if they're used to being handled!

4. Do not give in to 'Demand' barking

As seen in my Petcha video, ignoring the Demand barking will help distinguish the bad habit! No one likes an overly barky pooch. :)

5. Proper socialization can help our dog become a well adjusted pooch.

Exposing your dog to everything and anything they will experience in their entire life will help them not fear those things! I feel like I've said this exact thing a hundred times in my life, but I don't think it's ever made it in a video! Make sure you make your dog feel comfortable when introducing it to the world. Reassure your dog in tough times and let them know you are their rock. :)


Peace,


SHARE:
© Faris Jaclyn I Littlest Pet Shop Photography

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig