Monday, December 3, 2012

Why Do Cats Purr?

One of my favorite things to do is snuggle up next to a cuddly feline friend and hear that engine running in their throat! That beautiful purring just melts my heart!

But, do cats only purr for pleasure? The answer is no.



It is unknown why cats feel the need to vibrate their vocal cords but we do know that cats purr for an assortment of emotions. Cats can purr in fear, in pain, and in pleasure.

When I worked at the veterinary office cats would come in for their appointments and purr in their exam room. It is thought that the purr may calm them down and make them feel better.

It has also been noted that cats may purr during labor

I hope you enjoyed my silly images of my cat Pharaoh!

Thanks for taking the time to read my short animal tip of the day. :) Be sure to subscribe for more or sign up for email updates!

As always I will see you guys with a fun new episode on my Youtube Channel Wednesday!
SHARE:
© Faris Jaclyn I Littlest Pet Shop Photography

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig